These are just a few quick notes to accompany Peter Upfold’s screencast. If you haven’t ready I would suggest you give it a watch before following this rather brief notes
On the local machine
ssh-keygen -t rsa
- Accept default path.
- Enter a passphrase. (terminal can save this in Keychain)
- Finder > Go > Type: “.ssh”
On the remote machine
- Edit the file:
- Paste the contents of the
authorized_keysfile needs to be
rwfor the user.
- That is
chmod 600to change, if needed.
- Login as usual from the Terminal.
- When asked for the password to the ssh key, this is the passphrase mentioned earlier.
Once again, thank you, Peter for recording it for me, and the mention.