Since my last post, I published Setting Jenkins Credentials with
Groovy. I’ve been using some of the extra time I’ve had from lockdown to
wrap up some things I started years ago and this is part of the same thread.
There’s a few more posts to come related to this before I get onto something
a bit more interesting,
But now that the weather has gotten much hotter, I’ve been spending more time
outside. I grew a bunch of plants last year and I’m doing the same this year.
To start off with, I’ve been trying to make everything a bit easier than it
was last year (I had too many plants and so watering took ages!),
One of the goals this year was to make the lawn look better and so last
weekend, I sowed grass seed. To avoid having all of the seed eaten, I built
twelve stakes to make a platform for mounting netting over. I also did a
temporary extension of the garden tap to make access to water much less of a
This weekend, I started building some window boxes & planters out of some
scrap wood I’d collected over the past few years. There’s a photo below.
There’s something really nice about working with scrap wood; this is all from
old shipping pallets which shouldn’t be burned (they contain chemicals to
protect the wood) so it’s really cool to see them get more life.